USPS Tracking is a JOKE

715 of 960 Usps Reviews
Nov 17, 2011
review #275596

I had a package shipped to be on 11/8, standard shipping, and got a tracking number. All tracking tells me is that it was shipped on the 8th, and that the LATEST expected date of delivery is 11/17 (OR!!!) 11/28. I get two different "delivered by" dates when I track.

I then signed up to get tracking updates via email and selected the "new" information option versus "existing". What did I get? An email telling me that the package was shipped on 11/8. (In the past, I've been notified of a delivery having occurred, 2 or 3 days AFTER the delivery happened.)

I called USPS, asked about the confusing delivery dates, and was asked, "What is it you want?" I then emailed a complaint and got, 3 days later, a generic response from a company that the USPS contracts to handle complaints, which didn't even contain the information that I put in the online form. "Hi! I'm Jennifer! I note your complaint, how may I help you?"

That the USPS can't track packages like UPS does, or at the very least, have a system that doesn't say "will arrive in nine days max, or maybe 20 days max..." is mind boggling. That it is losing business makes SENSE given the frustrating silliness that customers have to put up with.

aa58610
Had an experience with USPS?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
715 of 960 Usps Reviews
Larry

Jul 10 Coram, New York

I agree. The USPS tracking service is a JOKE. 2 days after item is shipped, I get a message that "Tracking not available at this time" . Why bother?

3 0 Reply
damo

Jun 04

there is a simple way round this just don't use this service if everyone stops using usps they will have to sort this problem out

4 0 Reply
SWIVILLA

May 22 Edinburg, Texas

FRECUENTEMENTE UTILIZO EL CORREO CERTIFICADO PARA EL ENVIO DE UNA CARTA SENCILLA CADA 4 MESES A LIMA PERU,EL 21 DE ABRIL DEL PRESENTE,AL DEPOSITARLA , LA EMPLEADA DE CORREOS CLERK 13,DE LA OFICINA DE CORREOS DE EDINBURG TEXAS JACKSON STREET,ME OFERTO UN SISTEMA LLAMADO FLAT RATE QUE ME ASEGURABA UNA ENTREGA DE 6 A 10 DIAS MAXIMO,*** UN VALOR DE 24.75 DOLARES ,EL ENVIO CERTIFICADO SOLO VALE 15 DOLARES,AL PEDIRLE LA CERTIFICACION ME SENALO QUE ESTE SISTEMA NO DA CERTIFICACION QUE CONFIARA EN LOS CORREOS DE LOS EEUU.
YA PASARON 30 DIAS Y LA CARTA NO LLEGA,POR ELLO NO COBRE MI PENSION DE JUBILACION EN MI PAIS,AL RECLAMAR A LOS CORREOS DE EEUU ,TODOS ME PIDEN EL CODIGO DE RASTREO LO CUAL COMO REPITO NO ME FUE ENTREGADO SOLO EXISTE UN NUMERO LLAMADO BILL 1000203519748.YA PRESENTE LA QUEJA CORREPONDIENTE POR EL ENGANO QUE ME HIZO LA EMPLEADA DE CORREOS QUE ME ESTA PERJUDICANDO MUCHO.

0 1 Reply
Cj

Jul 18

Um, this is the. USA..... English por favor?

4 2 Reply

Apr 17

USPS is an absolute joke. I paid extra for next day delivery from Amazon, which was shipped by Amazon accordingly. I am now going on day 3 of my package being late. I used the "tracking" system which told me that my package was at my local post office. Going there I was told that it hadn't been processed yet and I should expect delivery Monday. So basically I paid to wait for a week for something I should have gotten in one day. I'm going to stop shopping at Amazon as long as their primary carrier for my area is USPS.

4 1 Reply
super-pissed

Jan 17 Lincoln, Nebraska

:( USPS Priority mail is an out and out fraud. There is no guarantee of delivery. They advertise 2 to 3 days, however they give themselves 5 days before one can file a complaint about lack of delivery. It travels with $0.46 first class mail. I think a law suit should be filed against the USPS for fraud.
The tracking they provide is absolutely worthless. I mailed a package on January 14 from Milford, NE to Naples, NC using priority mail. Today is January 17 and the last tracking indicated the package was processed through at their Charlotte, NC facility at 2:33 am on January 16 and that it departed this sort facility on the 16. The latest information now shows it was again processed through this facility at 10:47 pm on the 16th and departed and again processed through this facility at 11:42 pm and departed this facility on the 16th. If I understand this correctly it has been processed three different times on the same day in the same facility and departed this same facility three times. It still has not been delivered as of 4:20 pm in Naples today the 17th.
I will now use only UPS or FedEx because they can and do DELIVER!

4 0 Reply
drjoe70

Jan 16

i sent a certified letter on dec. 20 2013 has of jan 16 2014 letter was never recived

feduppostal

Jan 15

USPS IS A JOKE. THEY CHANGE THE DELIVERY DATE WHEN THEY WANT. THEY TARE YOUR PACKAGE UP AND THEN ASK IF YOU PURCHASED INSURANCE ON YOUR PACKAGE! NOT WHEN THE SENDER WAS SOMEONE ELSE! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE SOMEONE PAY! YOU GET PAID TO DO A JOB, THAT MEANS YOU GET PAID TO TAKE CARE OF MY MAIL! IDIOTS!

Slappy

Dec 08, 2013 Danville, California

I work for the post office and let me tell you people out there,We Suck.I sent in my retirement papers paid my fee in order to get to NC from SF bay area.They say about 2-3 days Damm it's been 10 days,this tracking number stuff is all horseshit,should have sent it UPS or Fed X.

Cj

Jul 18

I hope you were better than the majority. Tell me ONE other business (not Govt like DMV) that takes breaks with a huge line of customers??
I worked for 16 yrs as an RN and 99% of the time would get NO break for the entire 12 hr "eat while you run" shifts. Anyone heard of "Nurses bladder"? What you get when you have to hold it for hours after you should have gone, and it gets you bad after you hit about 50.
We like to blame the Govt, but the employees could make the difference. It's beyond pathetic.

Mike

Oct 24, 2013

I live in NJ and was expecting a package I could track but my item was shipped to Pasadena California and the status reads Delivered.I contacted USPS and 24 hours later got a email pretty much tellng me to contact the seller cause I didn't get my item.They should be able to go back where they left my item and send it to me but they wont.

J01

Sep 30, 2013

I sent myself a package before I left LA to go home to NY. It was just some clothes and small personal possessions that didn't fit in my suitcase after buying a few items. I shipped it 3 days before I was to leave so it would arrive the same day or the day after. Well, long story short I track my package North to Portland, then South East to Georgia and then North East to Connecticut and then it sits 3 days in New York before it arrives at my front door with holes in the box and my dress shirt hanging our of a hole with packing tape over it. I couldn't help but laugh when I picked up the package from my doorman 9 business days after I shipped it. I usually Fedex a box of stuff to myself when i go home to NY from LA by ground it takes no more than 4-5 days via Fedex and its not that much cheaper.

piseed

Sep 05, 2013

Iordered two 1st class packages from these guys (usps) from eBay. holding a card in both. i live in michigan and it took one of them 6 days to get here from Washington ( a BFE city in Washington) but the other package was coming from Missouri (not that far away) and it took that package 9 days with barely any updates at all. same shipping same packaging... This company is a JOKE !!!!!!!!

uhmgawa

Aug 29, 2013 Nashua, New Hampshire

USPS: not a joke, but a complete disaster.

How this train wreck is still operating boggles the mind.
Among the numerous, numerous USPS embarrassments I could
share, I'll pick my favorite: A package was shipped to me
via USPS Priority. This suposedly takes an average of two
days. Well this priority service took over two months.
After weeks had passed I assumed it would never arrive at
all which I sort of would have chalked up to a lost parcel.
But no it arrived after two months. Given the routine abuse
the USPS inflicts on mail I expected whatever remained of
the package to be a story in itself. But this box was absolutely pristine as if it had just left the hand of the shipper. What
madness the USPS suffers resulting in such bumbling incompetence
is simply beyond human comprehension.

BTW I find the "body bags" in which the remains of destroyed
mail arrives to be especially precious, brandishing
an unapologetic: "We Care"

About what? Apparently not mail delivery nor customer service.

Absolute disaster! UPS and FedEx have nothing to worry about.

julade

Aug 22, 2013 Saint Louis, Missouri

I shipped 2 packages flat rate priority international ($24 a piece) with a tracking number. It has been nearly 2 weeks and all the tracking shows is that it left my local post office. I contacted usps and got an automated response saying that other countries are not required to scan packages. which is basically their way of saying they are not to be held responsible. First of all my packages where only scanned once in the first place and secondly why do we pay such big amounts for shipping if they are not going to guarantee their delivery. Also why should they not have to refund the shipping cost if the item does not arrive. I paid for you to deliver the package. You don't deliver the package, you don't get paid .. right? I am out $150 for this transaction and this will be my last international transaction and my last transaction with usps in general.

Aug 21, 2013 Naperville, Illinois

Hoffman Estates IL and Elk Grove IL USPS both have crappy tracking updates,rude employees like at Streamwood Il USPS.....No one I talked to will fess up to the fact that they dont have control of their operation they are operating by luck...Like most all their facilities in the rest of the countty....I have used them in other states too and same problem..

This Fexeral USPS operation should be closed down and out sources privately...

The should be renamed USIPS....UNITED STATES INCOMPITENT POSTAL SERVICE..

OH......and our Federal IncomeTax Dollars fund the crappy operation surely......

Hmmmmmmm?

Nov 05, 2013

No, your federal tax dollars do not pay for the postal service! Their income comes solely from the sales of stamps and services.

2 1 Reply
Duroc

Aug 08, 2013 Madison, Wisconsin

I worked for the USPS for 33 years, and even I can't defend it (the USPS). And I can't say it's just 'of late' that the standard(s) of service have declined.
20 years ago I was sent time-critical NFL game-tickets for a Sunday game. The distance involved was approximately 200 miles, but 3 days after the game, I received the tickets that had been mailed 5 days earlier.
Just this past week I sent a 'Priority Mail' envelope (at $6.50), with a 'Delivery Confirmation' addendum. Four days later, even though 'priority mail' is guaranteed "2 to 3 days, anywhere in the continental United States, I'm only being shown my mailing-date of that item 4 days ago!
Trust me- management at the USPS is continually "shooting this almost three century-old institution in the foot", and can't seem to re-load fast enough: Go ahead and stop 'Saturday delivery'. That's the one thing, besides driving past every address in the United States six days a week, that you have going for you. That in itself, should provide a 'window' that any junior-college business student could exploit!

Aug 07, 2013 Greenfield, Indiana

The USPS is a joke...paid for first class certified mail..mailed 7/29...still not delivered on 8/7...Indy to Chicago...I will use FedEx next time!!

FedUp

Aug 05, 2013

Couldn't agree more that the USPS is a poorly run operation. I've been burned too many times by this government run delivery service. Our government should just get out of basic serives like delivering mail, issuing drivers licenses and maintaining our roads. Private sector businesses could do so much better at a lower cost. All I can say is use a proven carrier like FedEx or UPS. They get it.

1-20 of 63 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about USPS.
Filing a new complaint about
×