USPS Tracking is a JOKE

913 of 1158 Usps Reviews

I had a package shipped to be on 11/8, standard shipping, and got a tracking number. All tracking tells me is that it was shipped on the 8th, and that the LATEST expected date of delivery is 11/17 (OR!!!) 11/28. I get two different "delivered by" dates when I track.

I then signed up to get tracking updates via email and selected the "new" information option versus "existing". What did I get? An email telling me that the package was shipped on 11/8. (In the past, I've been notified of a delivery having occurred, 2 or 3 days AFTER the delivery happened.)

I called USPS, asked about the confusing delivery dates, and was asked, "What is it you want?" I then emailed a complaint and got, 3 days later, a generic response from a company that the USPS contracts to handle complaints, which didn't even contain the information that I put in the online form. "Hi! I'm Jennifer! I note your complaint, how may I help you?"

That the USPS can't track packages like UPS does, or at the very least, have a system that doesn't say "will arrive in nine days max, or maybe 20 days max..." is mind boggling. That it is losing business makes SENSE given the frustrating silliness that customers have to put up with.

11790339 review #275596
178 121 Helpful?
Had the same issue47 Comments76
Had an experience with Usps?  Submit review about this company
913 of 1158 Usps Reviews
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Riff Addict

Mar 26

USPS is a joke because lots of African Americans and Mexicans work there. America is in decline!

0 3 Reply

Mar 15

Yes that us right. Usps us the worst customer service in the service industry. They should clear off their customer service before they asking tax payers to bail them out every year with billions of tax payers dollars. It is shame to billions hard earn tax payers dollars going to USPS who has little or no regard to its bailer.

1 0 Reply

Feb 19 Escondido, California

I hate the fact that UPS and FedEx now shares its deliveries with the post office now. UPS will bring it to the area and then hands it over to the post office where they're supposed to finish the delivery. And it hangs there for couple more days. I could have gone to the post office in the next town and picked it up myself. All part of their 'SmartPost' service.

1 0 Reply

Dec 02, 2014 Zephyrhills, Florida

why bother. there is a reason they are not getting the business they once did. long live ups and fed ex

4 0 Reply
Larry

Jul 10, 2014 Coram, New York

I agree. The USPS tracking service is a JOKE. 2 days after item is shipped, I get a message that "Tracking not available at this time" . Why bother?

7 0 Reply
damo

Jun 04, 2014

there is a simple way round this just don't use this service if everyone stops using usps they will have to sort this problem out

5 0 Reply
SWIVILLA

May 22, 2014 Edinburg, Texas

FRECUENTEMENTE UTILIZO EL CORREO CERTIFICADO PARA EL ENVIO DE UNA CARTA SENCILLA CADA 4 MESES A LIMA PERU,EL 21 DE ABRIL DEL PRESENTE,AL DEPOSITARLA , LA EMPLEADA DE CORREOS CLERK 13,DE LA OFICINA DE CORREOS DE EDINBURG TEXAS JACKSON STREET,ME OFERTO UN SISTEMA LLAMADO FLAT RATE QUE ME ASEGURABA UNA ENTREGA DE 6 A 10 DIAS MAXIMO,*** UN VALOR DE 24.75 DOLARES ,EL ENVIO CERTIFICADO SOLO VALE 15 DOLARES,AL PEDIRLE LA CERTIFICACION ME SENALO QUE ESTE SISTEMA NO DA CERTIFICACION QUE CONFIARA EN LOS CORREOS DE LOS EEUU.
YA PASARON 30 DIAS Y LA CARTA NO LLEGA,POR ELLO NO COBRE MI PENSION DE JUBILACION EN MI PAIS,AL RECLAMAR A LOS CORREOS DE EEUU ,TODOS ME PIDEN EL CODIGO DE RASTREO LO CUAL COMO REPITO NO ME FUE ENTREGADO SOLO EXISTE UN NUMERO LLAMADO BILL 1000203519748.YA PRESENTE LA QUEJA CORREPONDIENTE POR EL ENGANO QUE ME HIZO LA EMPLEADA DE CORREOS QUE ME ESTA PERJUDICANDO MUCHO.

8 7 Reply
Cj

Jul 18, 2014

Um, this is the. USA..... English por favor?

9 15 Reply
us navy.105

Feb 22 Killeen, Texas

this is America, speak English or shut the *** up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 7 Reply

Feb 25 Redwood City, California

Actually, the U.S. was first accidentally discovered by Christopher Columbus (an Italian / Latino), then officially discovered by Amerigo Vespucci (an Italian / Latino). We should all be speaking Italian.

6 7 Reply
Wicked Sister

Mar 26

No you dumb ***, we should all be speaking English!

0 3
Imgrunk

2 days ago Jacksonville, Florida

America is a continent, that includes many Spanish speaking countries. The United States is a country, a country that had more than 5 spoken languages before any English was ever spoken on it. English is a language from England. England is an island in Europe. I am very sorry your school system has failed you. But I applaud you for having enough intelligence to type on a keyboard given your limited education.
Have a nice day.
Oh, and yes the Post Office is worthless.

3 0 Reply
Imgrunk

2 days ago Jacksonville, Florida

Do not know how I missed you are from North Mexico(Texas). In case you did not know, Texas WAS Mexico not too long ago. You should really take some remedial classes.

3 0 Reply

Apr 17, 2014

USPS is an absolute joke. I paid extra for next day delivery from Amazon, which was shipped by Amazon accordingly. I am now going on day 3 of my package being late. I used the "tracking" system which told me that my package was at my local post office. Going there I was told that it hadn't been processed yet and I should expect delivery Monday. So basically I paid to wait for a week for something I should have gotten in one day. I'm going to stop shopping at Amazon as long as their primary carrier for my area is USPS.

6 1 Reply
super-pissed

Jan 17, 2014 Lincoln, Nebraska

:( USPS Priority mail is an out and out fraud. There is no guarantee of delivery. They advertise 2 to 3 days, however they give themselves 5 days before one can file a complaint about lack of delivery. It travels with $0.46 first class mail. I think a law suit should be filed against the USPS for fraud.
The tracking they provide is absolutely worthless. I mailed a package on January 14 from Milford, NE to Naples, NC using priority mail. Today is January 17 and the last tracking indicated the package was processed through at their Charlotte, NC facility at 2:33 am on January 16 and that it departed this sort facility on the 16. The latest information now shows it was again processed through this facility at 10:47 pm on the 16th and departed and again processed through this facility at 11:42 pm and departed this facility on the 16th. If I understand this correctly it has been processed three different times on the same day in the same facility and departed this same facility three times. It still has not been delivered as of 4:20 pm in Naples today the 17th.
I will now use only UPS or FedEx because they can and do DELIVER!

6 0 Reply
drjoe70

Jan 16, 2014

i sent a certified letter on dec. 20 2013 has of jan 16 2014 letter was never recived

2 0 Reply
feduppostal

Jan 15, 2014

USPS IS A JOKE. THEY CHANGE THE DELIVERY DATE WHEN THEY WANT. THEY TARE YOUR PACKAGE UP AND THEN ASK IF YOU PURCHASED INSURANCE ON YOUR PACKAGE! NOT WHEN THE SENDER WAS SOMEONE ELSE! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE SOMEONE PAY! YOU GET PAID TO DO A JOB, THAT MEANS YOU GET PAID TO TAKE CARE OF MY MAIL! IDIOTS!

3 1 Reply
Slappy

Dec 08, 2013 Danville, California

I work for the post office and let me tell you people out there,We Suck.I sent in my retirement papers paid my fee in order to get to NC from SF bay area.They say about 2-3 days Damm it's been 10 days,this tracking number stuff is all horseshit,should have sent it UPS or Fed X.

4 0 Reply

1-20 of 76 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Usps.
Filing a new complaint about
×