USPS Tracking is a JOKE

I had a package shipped to be on 11/8, standard shipping, and got a tracking number. All tracking tells me is that it was shipped on the 8th, and that the LATEST expected date of delivery is 11/17 (OR!!!) 11/28. I get two different "delivered by" dates when I track.

I then signed up to get tracking updates via email and selected the "new" information option versus "existing". What did I get? An email telling me that the package was shipped on 11/8. (In the past, I've been notified of a delivery having occurred, 2 or 3 days AFTER the delivery happened.)

I called USPS, asked about the confusing delivery dates, and was asked, "What is it you want?" I then emailed a complaint and got, 3 days later, a generic response from a company that the USPS contracts to handle complaints, which didn't even contain the information that I put in the online form. "Hi! I'm Jennifer! I note your complaint, how may I help you?"

That the USPS can't track packages like UPS does, or at the very least, have a system that doesn't say "will arrive in nine days max, or maybe 20 days max..." is mind boggling. That it is losing business makes SENSE given the frustrating silliness that customers have to put up with.

Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 125 Yes 125 178 No 178
Had the same issue 61 Yes 61
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 15, 2015 #1064352

I am ebay seller from malaysia. I can upload malaysian tracking starting with RR to USPS all along until recently it just stopped showing any signs of tracking after 17th Oct. When i track on ebay it says ORIGIN POST IS PREPARING SHIPMENT. When i track on USPS it says USPS Tracking™ is unavailable for this product for MALAYSIA. Its been 3 weeks & nothing updated. Now my buyers have a good excuse to get a refund. Am i alone or is everyone having the same issue here?

Nov 17, 2015 #1065034

Same thing happens every year fom Oct. to Jan.
As non US seller, in this period I just stop sell expensive items, because I'm loosing money.
Buyers recieves packages but asking for refund because USPS cant provide tracking.
When you place a refund and after all discover that it was delivered, you can do nothing.

Oct 19, 2015 #1050576

USPS Tracking like the rest of the US government is made up of many people that are totally incompetent. Look at our leaders. If you want something shipped and want to track it, always use Fed ex or UPS. They have real meaningful tracking.
Its time to get rid of the post office. Let the professionals handle the mail. The post office is no longer an asset. When it costs you money its time to get rid of it. The entire government is made up of wasted wasteful morons who can not function in the real world.

1 0 Reply

Aug 20, 2015 #1022140

I have the same issue with their system, or lack thereof. They are lucky they are a Government agency and have no accountability. Any other business that charged extra for a service that they have no intention of providing would be held liable. They know their expected delivery is not going to be met and they have no idea where your package is in the system. When they lost a package their response was for me to call the vendor and tell them to send me another. So incompetent, one would think that with all the wasted time of making excuses to customers they would invest in a tracking software or system that worked and let the employees go back to work.

ed

Jun 27, 2015 #1000311 Hitchcock, Texas

Tracking is still a JOKE. Today is June 27th,2015. My last update on my pkg. was June 24th from Atlanta.Attempted tracking Phone calls are a joke too. This crapp has been going on for years...and these people want raises and on top of that, they charge more for services and stamps. POS service IMHO......ed in tx

1 0 Reply

Apr 09, 2015 #970050 Gaylord, Michigan

Lost my package. Did not deliver. Sent me the TOP OF THE BOX back and NOTHING ELSE!!!!!!
Box top was in a bag that says "we care". I feel like I've been robbed. The guy that bought the car part off me is pissed off and wants his money back. Im out the part, the money for the part, and the shipping cost!!
Spent over an hour on the phone and nothing. Spent a half hour at the post office cussing the *** that worked there and NOTHING. Cant wait to see these fools go out of business. I'll NEVER use usps for anything again.
WHAT A JOKE

3 0 Reply
Riff Addict

Mar 26, 2015 #963980

USPS is a joke because lots of African Americans and Mexicans work there. America is in decline!

4 13 Reply

Mar 15, 2015 #958781

Yes that us right. Usps us the worst customer service in the service industry. They should clear off their customer service before they asking tax payers to bail them out every year with billions of tax payers dollars. It is shame to billions hard earn tax payers dollars going to USPS who has little or no regard to its bailer.

Feb 19, 2015 #947889 Escondido, California

I hate the fact that UPS and FedEx now shares its deliveries with the post office now. UPS will bring it to the area and then hands it over to the post office where they're supposed to finish the delivery. And it hangs there for couple more days. I could have gone to the post office in the next town and picked it up myself. All part of their 'SmartPost' service.

kp

Dec 08, 2014 #912760 Charlotte, North Carolina

Same problem but its the end of 2014...nothing different I quess.

Dec 02, 2014 #909855 Zephyrhills, Florida

why bother. there is a reason they are not getting the business they once did. long live ups and fed ex

4 0 Reply
Larry

Jul 10, 2014 #838520 Coram, New York

I agree. The USPS tracking service is a JOKE. 2 days after item is shipped, I get a message that "Tracking not available at this time" . Why bother?

8 0 Reply
damo

Jun 04, 2014 #823787

there is a simple way round this just don't use this service if everyone stops using usps they will have to sort this problem out

6 0 Reply
SWIVILLA

May 22, 2014 #818108 Edinburg, Texas

FRECUENTEMENTE UTILIZO EL CORREO CERTIFICADO PARA EL ENVIO DE UNA CARTA SENCILLA CADA 4 MESES A LIMA PERU,EL 21 DE ABRIL DEL PRESENTE,AL DEPOSITARLA , LA EMPLEADA DE CORREOS CLERK 13,DE LA OFICINA DE CORREOS DE EDINBURG TEXAS JACKSON STREET,ME OFERTO UN SISTEMA LLAMADO FLAT RATE QUE ME ASEGURABA UNA ENTREGA DE 6 A 10 DIAS MAXIMO,*** UN VALOR DE 24.75 DOLARES ,EL ENVIO CERTIFICADO SOLO VALE 15 DOLARES,AL PEDIRLE LA CERTIFICACION ME SENALO QUE ESTE SISTEMA NO DA CERTIFICACION QUE CONFIARA EN LOS CORREOS DE LOS EEUU.
YA PASARON 30 DIAS Y LA CARTA NO LLEGA,POR ELLO NO COBRE MI PENSION DE JUBILACION EN MI PAIS,AL RECLAMAR A LOS CORREOS DE EEUU ,TODOS ME PIDEN EL CODIGO DE RASTREO LO CUAL COMO REPITO NO ME FUE ENTREGADO SOLO EXISTE UN NUMERO LLAMADO BILL 1000203519748.YA PRESENTE LA QUEJA CORREPONDIENTE POR EL ENGANO QUE ME HIZO LA EMPLEADA DE CORREOS QUE ME ESTA PERJUDICANDO MUCHO.

9 9 Reply
Cj

Jul 18, 2014 #842373

Um, this is the. USA..... English por favor?

12 20 Reply
us navy.105

Feb 22, 2015 #949313 Killeen, Texas

this is America, speak English or shut the *** up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 12 Reply

Feb 25, 2015 #950863 Redwood City, California

Actually, the U.S. was first accidentally discovered by Christopher Columbus (an Italian / Latino), then officially discovered by Amerigo Vespucci (an Italian / Latino). We should all be speaking Italian.

10 10 Reply
Wicked Sister

Mar 26, 2015 #963978

No you dumb ***, we should all be speaking English!

4 7

Jul 01, 2015 #1002038

Think the Vikings beat them all so there. Also Columbus only discovered the west indies ,he never made it to the shore of what is now the United States of America. But no way in *** should we allow anyone to speak any thing but American English inside our borders and no one should be allowed to show any flag other then the Stars and Stripes .

3 1
Imgrunk

Mar 26, 2015 #964088 Jacksonville, Florida

America is a continent, that includes many Spanish speaking countries. The United States is a country, a country that had more than 5 spoken languages before any English was ever spoken on it. English is a language from England. England is an island in Europe. I am very sorry your school system has failed you. But I applaud you for having enough intelligence to type on a keyboard given your limited education.
Have a nice day.
Oh, and yes the Post Office is worthless.

8 3 Reply

1-20 of 86 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.