USPS Tracking is a JOKE

1040 of 1285 Usps Reviews

I had a package shipped to be on 11/8, standard shipping, and got a tracking number. All tracking tells me is that it was shipped on the 8th, and that the LATEST expected date of delivery is 11/17 (OR!!!) 11/28. I get two different "delivered by" dates when I track.

I then signed up to get tracking updates via email and selected the "new" information option versus "existing". What did I get? An email telling me that the package was shipped on 11/8. (In the past, I've been notified of a delivery having occurred, 2 or 3 days AFTER the delivery happened.)

I called USPS, asked about the confusing delivery dates, and was asked, "What is it you want?" I then emailed a complaint and got, 3 days later, a generic response from a company that the USPS contracts to handle complaints, which didn't even contain the information that I put in the online form. "Hi! I'm Jennifer! I note your complaint, how may I help you?"

That the USPS can't track packages like UPS does, or at the very least, have a system that doesn't say "will arrive in nine days max, or maybe 20 days max..." is mind boggling. That it is losing business makes SENSE given the frustrating silliness that customers have to put up with.

review #275596
178 123 Helpful?
Had the same issue56 Comments82
Had an experience with Usps?  Submit review about this company
1040 of 1285 Usps Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
ed

Jun 27 #1000311 Hitchcock, Texas

Tracking is still a JOKE. Today is June 27th,2015. My last update on my pkg. was June 24th from Atlanta.Attempted tracking Phone calls are a joke too. This crapp has been going on for years...and these people want raises and on top of that, they charge more for services and stamps. POS service IMHO......ed in tx

0 0 Reply

Apr 09 #970050 Gaylord, Michigan

Lost my package. Did not deliver. Sent me the TOP OF THE BOX back and NOTHING ELSE!!!!!!
Box top was in a bag that says "we care". I feel like I've been robbed. The guy that bought the car part off me is pissed off and wants his money back. Im out the part, the money for the part, and the shipping cost!!
Spent over an hour on the phone and nothing. Spent a half hour at the post office cussing the *** that worked there and NOTHING. Cant wait to see these fools go out of business. I'll NEVER use usps for anything again.
WHAT A JOKE

1 0 Reply
Riff Addict

Mar 26 #963980

USPS is a joke because lots of African Americans and Mexicans work there. America is in decline!

3 7 Reply

Mar 15 #958781

Yes that us right. Usps us the worst customer service in the service industry. They should clear off their customer service before they asking tax payers to bail them out every year with billions of tax payers dollars. It is shame to billions hard earn tax payers dollars going to USPS who has little or no regard to its bailer.

Feb 19 #947889 Escondido, California

I hate the fact that UPS and FedEx now shares its deliveries with the post office now. UPS will bring it to the area and then hands it over to the post office where they're supposed to finish the delivery. And it hangs there for couple more days. I could have gone to the post office in the next town and picked it up myself. All part of their 'SmartPost' service.

kp

Dec 08, 2014 #912760 Charlotte, North Carolina

Same problem but its the end of 2014...nothing different I quess.

Dec 02, 2014 #909855 Zephyrhills, Florida

why bother. there is a reason they are not getting the business they once did. long live ups and fed ex

4 0 Reply
Larry

Jul 10, 2014 #838520 Coram, New York

I agree. The USPS tracking service is a JOKE. 2 days after item is shipped, I get a message that "Tracking not available at this time" . Why bother?

8 0 Reply
damo

Jun 04, 2014 #823787

there is a simple way round this just don't use this service if everyone stops using usps they will have to sort this problem out

6 0 Reply
SWIVILLA

May 22, 2014 #818108 Edinburg, Texas

FRECUENTEMENTE UTILIZO EL CORREO CERTIFICADO PARA EL ENVIO DE UNA CARTA SENCILLA CADA 4 MESES A LIMA PERU,EL 21 DE ABRIL DEL PRESENTE,AL DEPOSITARLA , LA EMPLEADA DE CORREOS CLERK 13,DE LA OFICINA DE CORREOS DE EDINBURG TEXAS JACKSON STREET,ME OFERTO UN SISTEMA LLAMADO FLAT RATE QUE ME ASEGURABA UNA ENTREGA DE 6 A 10 DIAS MAXIMO,*** UN VALOR DE 24.75 DOLARES ,EL ENVIO CERTIFICADO SOLO VALE 15 DOLARES,AL PEDIRLE LA CERTIFICACION ME SENALO QUE ESTE SISTEMA NO DA CERTIFICACION QUE CONFIARA EN LOS CORREOS DE LOS EEUU.
YA PASARON 30 DIAS Y LA CARTA NO LLEGA,POR ELLO NO COBRE MI PENSION DE JUBILACION EN MI PAIS,AL RECLAMAR A LOS CORREOS DE EEUU ,TODOS ME PIDEN EL CODIGO DE RASTREO LO CUAL COMO REPITO NO ME FUE ENTREGADO SOLO EXISTE UN NUMERO LLAMADO BILL 1000203519748.YA PRESENTE LA QUEJA CORREPONDIENTE POR EL ENGANO QUE ME HIZO LA EMPLEADA DE CORREOS QUE ME ESTA PERJUDICANDO MUCHO.

8 8 Reply
Cj

Jul 18, 2014 #842373

Um, this is the. USA..... English por favor?

12 18 Reply
us navy.105

Feb 22 #949313 Killeen, Texas

this is America, speak English or shut the *** up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 10 Reply

Feb 25 #950863 Redwood City, California

Actually, the U.S. was first accidentally discovered by Christopher Columbus (an Italian / Latino), then officially discovered by Amerigo Vespucci (an Italian / Latino). We should all be speaking Italian.

8 10 Reply
Wicked Sister

Mar 26 #963978

No you dumb ***, we should all be speaking English!

3 5

Jul 01 #1002038

Think the Vikings beat them all so there. Also Columbus only discovered the west indies ,he never made it to the shore of what is now the United States of America. But no way in *** should we allow anyone to speak any thing but American English inside our borders and no one should be allowed to show any flag other then the Stars and Stripes .

2 0
Imgrunk

Mar 26 #964088 Jacksonville, Florida

America is a continent, that includes many Spanish speaking countries. The United States is a country, a country that had more than 5 spoken languages before any English was ever spoken on it. English is a language from England. England is an island in Europe. I am very sorry your school system has failed you. But I applaud you for having enough intelligence to type on a keyboard given your limited education.
Have a nice day.
Oh, and yes the Post Office is worthless.

6 1 Reply

Jul 01 #1002035

No America is our country. The continent is North America .And the country is called the United States of America. Canada is part of North America but they are not called Canada of America are they? Or how about *** country they are also part of North America but are they called *** of America?

1 0
Imgrunk

Mar 26 #964093 Jacksonville, Florida

Do not know how I missed you are from North Mexico(Texas). In case you did not know, Texas WAS Mexico not too long ago. You should really take some remedial classes.

4 1 Reply

Apr 17, 2014 #806283

USPS is an absolute joke. I paid extra for next day delivery from Amazon, which was shipped by Amazon accordingly. I am now going on day 3 of my package being late. I used the "tracking" system which told me that my package was at my local post office. Going there I was told that it hadn't been processed yet and I should expect delivery Monday. So basically I paid to wait for a week for something I should have gotten in one day. I'm going to stop shopping at Amazon as long as their primary carrier for my area is USPS.

8 1 Reply

1-20 of 82 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Usps.
Filing a new complaint about
×