I had a package shipped to be on 11/8, standard shipping, and got a tracking number. All tracking tells me is that it was shipped on the 8th, and that the LATEST expected date of delivery is 11/17 (OR!!!) 11/28. I get two different "delivered by" dates when I track.
I then signed up to get tracking updates via email and selected the "new" information option versus "existing". What did I get? An email telling me that the package was shipped on 11/8. (In the past, I've been notified of a delivery having occurred, 2 or 3 days AFTER the delivery happened.)
I called USPS, asked about the confusing delivery dates, and was asked, "What is it you want?" I then emailed a complaint and got, 3 days later, a generic response from a company that the USPS contracts to handle complaints, which didn't even contain the information that I put in the online form. "Hi! I'm Jennifer! I note your complaint, how may I help you?"
That the USPS can't track packages like UPS does, or at the very least, have a system that doesn't say "will arrive in nine days max, or maybe 20 days max..." is mind boggling. That it is losing business makes SENSE given the frustrating silliness that customers have to put up with.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "So here it is, the day of delivery and the tracking on the website still shows that it's in California. I live all the way in Michigan to so... I..."
- "I had so much trouble getting delivery on a registered parcel, I had to file a formal complaint with my rep in congress about it. Mail delivery where I live..."
- "My first and hopefully very last experience with USPS. Seeing the object of desire on Ebay with the so simple, cheap looking shipping rate over to Europe, a buy now..."
- "Let me start by saying that this is a good espresso machine and we use it daily. The espresso is good and the overall product is nice. Even so things..."
- "I Ordered an Economics Homework Solution for my Assignment. There were 5 questions which included mix of text based questions, econometric modelling and policy suggestions. The solutions were pretty detailed..."
- "I am over party city store in Medford Ma. I bought two costumes for my kids before 22 hrs before. My doughter didn't like the costume and come to the store...."
- "I was sent this on my email for the order I had placed last month. Then August came and I was sent this 2nd email which just upset me...."
- "Dissatisfied, my wife and I saw an add for the new cheddar cheesy steakburger. Looked good so we went out to get some. It was uneddible, the cheese was hard..."
- "STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP!!! First, I received several calls from this dealership asking me to come in person and talk to the salesperson "Alex" so I finally decided to..."