Usps - Duck Sculpture Shipped 300 Miles Arrived in Pieces
I sold a Loon Lake Mallard Decoy on Ebay.I had already shipped about 7 of them leading up to this one, but shipped via FedEx.
I was busy with work, so instead of going out of the way to FedEx, I went to my local USPS to ship the item. Three days later, the buyer sends me a picture of the box (unopened), and it was COMPLETELY RIPPED TO SHREDS. The top was collapsed, and it looked like someone ripped the box open and then ran it over with a car. I was absolutely appalled.
Then, he sends me pictures of the duck, and it was utterly annihilated. The box was double reinforced and the duck was not only bubble wrapped, but it was shipped with the negative pieces of styrofoam that came with the original packaging!! Never in my life would I think a company that provides a paid service would mishandle an item with such carelessness. No wonder USPS is $30 billion in debt- aside from government regulations.
I will never again ship with USPS. Luckily, I did add $50 insurance, so I instead of losing $175, I will only be losing $125. That is if my claim is honored.
I felt it was necessary to let everyone know the risk you will take if you ship via USPS.DON'T DO IT!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Delivery Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I rarely use USPS to ship. I told the clerk the package needed to be delivered any day M-F the next week. She suggested I use "Priority 2-Day." I specifically..."
- "Yesterday (July 3) found a 25 inch mailing tube--Priority mail-- left in my 18 inch mailboxwith the door open. Appeared to be my regular contract carrier. Found it about..."
- "I have a situation when they say that they delivered my item in my mailbox. Item does not fit in mailbox. I have pictures to support that. So where or..."
- "I have been ordering from Rose Wholesale since late September and have purchased many items such as shirts, belts, shoes, underwear. I can tell you in no uncertain terms they..."
- "Order flowers all the time for the Villages. Wanted to try a local florist, so I called AVAS and ordered flowers over the phone. Mike suggested a vase with an..."
- "My local company purchased by Amerigas, my tank, my delivery invoices, and my bill stated to make checks out to Silsbee Propane the price per gallon goes up every delivery,..."
- "Oh I Tried it alright. Artisan CorporationThe Artisan Experience, Make these highly complex earrings for extra income.Firstly ,I will be astonished if i ever found someone who truly was able..."
- "I went to the Dairy Queen in the town where I work and whoever made my ice cream filled it up way too high and admitted when I call them..."
- "My husband was denied his long term disability in May without notice. Mike has recurring Pyoderma Gangrenosum, Crohn's Disease, Vascular Disease, and OstoeArthritis. They claim the labs from..."