Usps - Duck Sculpture Shipped 300 Miles Arrived in Pieces
I sold a Loon Lake Mallard Decoy on Ebay.I had already shipped about 7 of them leading up to this one, but shipped via FedEx.
I was busy with work, so instead of going out of the way to FedEx, I went to my local USPS to ship the item. Three days later, the buyer sends me a picture of the box (unopened), and it was COMPLETELY RIPPED TO SHREDS. The top was collapsed, and it looked like someone ripped the box open and then ran it over with a car. I was absolutely appalled.
Then, he sends me pictures of the duck, and it was utterly annihilated. The box was double reinforced and the duck was not only bubble wrapped, but it was shipped with the negative pieces of styrofoam that came with the original packaging!! Never in my life would I think a company that provides a paid service would mishandle an item with such carelessness. No wonder USPS is $30 billion in debt- aside from government regulations.
I will never again ship with USPS. Luckily, I did add $50 insurance, so I instead of losing $175, I will only be losing $125. That is if my claim is honored.
I felt it was necessary to let everyone know the risk you will take if you ship via USPS.DON'T DO IT!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Delivery Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a gift this past Sunday and received the tracking info Monday evening, the package was sent Priority 2-day, meaning I would have it on Thursday. As of Thursday..."
- "I recently bought something and my vendor used USPS to send my package. Everything went smoothly until the package went "out for delivery". I never received my package and now..."
- "Had a package coming from Canada that arrived at ISC New York on August 25. The last scan says "Processed Through Facility ISC New York. That was 22 days ago...."
- "My husband was denied his long term disability in May without notice. Mike has recurring Pyoderma Gangrenosum, Crohn's Disease, Vascular Disease, and OstoeArthritis. They claim the labs from..."
- "I went to the Dairy Queen in the town where I work and whoever made my ice cream filled it up way too high and admitted when I call them..."
- "Oh I Tried it alright. Artisan CorporationThe Artisan Experience, Make these highly complex earrings for extra income.Firstly ,I will be astonished if i ever found someone who truly was able..."
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."
- "This *** company is a scam. They take your *** money and make you jump through hoops to get it back. I put $280 on a reloadit card to send someone..."
- "We have two pieces of 30" Samsonite spinner luggage in the fall of 2010. This luggage has been fantastic. I could not tell you how many trips they have been..."