Usps - Duck Sculpture Shipped 300 Miles Arrived in Pieces
I sold a Loon Lake Mallard Decoy on Ebay.I had already shipped about 7 of them leading up to this one, but shipped via FedEx.
I was busy with work, so instead of going out of the way to FedEx, I went to my local USPS to ship the item. Three days later, the buyer sends me a picture of the box (unopened), and it was COMPLETELY RIPPED TO SHREDS. The top was collapsed, and it looked like someone ripped the box open and then ran it over with a car. I was absolutely appalled.
Then, he sends me pictures of the duck, and it was utterly annihilated. The box was double reinforced and the duck was not only bubble wrapped, but it was shipped with the negative pieces of styrofoam that came with the original packaging!! Never in my life would I think a company that provides a paid service would mishandle an item with such carelessness. No wonder USPS is $30 billion in debt- aside from government regulations.
I will never again ship with USPS. Luckily, I did add $50 insurance, so I instead of losing $175, I will only be losing $125. That is if my claim is honored.
I felt it was necessary to let everyone know the risk you will take if you ship via USPS.DON'T DO IT!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Delivery Service
- Review category
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "I sent my Passport and my wife's Passport to an embassy in Washington DC from Austin Tx. I was sending our passports to an embassy in Washington DC to get..."
- "I had an important document related to work authorization. This was posted by USCIS ( another defunct federal organization ) using USPS. It was sent as a 2- day priority..."
- "On march 5-2015 I sent an express mail letter next day guarantee from greenville sc to atlanta GA. 147 miles, they charged me 19.99 tracking # EK677370729US schedule delivery..."
- "My husband was denied his long term disability in May without notice. Mike has recurring Pyoderma Gangrenosum, Crohn's Disease, Vascular Disease, and OstoeArthritis. They claim the labs from..."
- "I went to the Dairy Queen in the town where I work and whoever made my ice cream filled it up way too high and admitted when I call them..."
- "I have a 3 year old HP Pavilion DV6T laptop that is a lemon, and I'm having trouble in my dealings with HP. After many online repair sessions and two..."
- " I went to krispy Kreme in yakima washington bought a dozen of doughnuts and 1 day later noticed there were maggots , There was a maggot on the last..."
- "Bought a rifle for almost $1,000 and has a caving dent on the dust cover, of course the display rifle was perfectly fine. Seems like they chose to give me..."
- "We ordered an organic cotton duvet cover for our queen sized bed, and when it came in the mail the tags said that it was queen sized. However, it's so..."