Usps - Lost Passports - Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation
Update added by user Mar 24
The package that contained my and my wife's passport was left in the rain and dirt for many days by USPS (most likely at their Washington DC sorting facility).USPS then wrapped in shrink wrapped it in plastic and delivered it to the destination 13 days after I sent it and 11 days after their expected date.
The passports were destroyed. All details on biographical page and visas were washed out. All the documents were also destroyed.
New passports will cost my $700 (for 2 new passports - expedited issue)
My flight tickets were non-refundable.
Total damage that USPS cost me because they destroyed the package that contained my passport and my wife's passport - $3000+
Never in my life I will use them again.I hope they go bankrupt and shut down.
Update added by user Mar 21
After 9 days "In Transit", my envelop was scanned for arrival in Washington DC's sorting facility.After that, the mail was forwarded to the destination post-office.
It was delivered to the embassy today (3/21/2016) making the overall time to destination 13 days (Note that I shipped with Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation).
The embassy told me that it looked like the package was wet at some point. And it was very dirty.
I'm hoping that my passport and my wife's passport is not damaged.
I will write an update after I find out.
Original review posted by user Mar 16
I sent my Passport and my wife's Passport to an embassy in Washington DC from Austin Tx. I was sending our passports to an embassy in Washington DC to get our visas. I have to travel out of the country on April 2nd 2016 with the visa.
Package was sent by Priority Mail Flat Envelop with Signature Confirmation.
It was dropped off on March 8th 2016 in Austin Tx.
Today is March 16th 2016. Package is no-where to be found. Tracking information shows that it has left Austin sorting facility on March 9 2016 and there are no updates after that.
I opened a case to get the package searched. They told me that the packet was last scanned in Austin and they closed the case. I called the delivery supervisor for the destination zip code. That rude horrible lady told me that the package has not reached Washington DC. I asked her if there was a possibility that it has reached Washington DC but is not scanned, to which I got yelled at. I was told to talk to the post-office in Austin. I talked to the post-office in Austin and I do not get any response. They took my case number and tracking number but there is no response.
I was given the phone number of the Consumer Affairs Office Rio Grande District. No one answers the phone there.
I have give where credit is due. The folks I talked on 1-800-ASK-USPS were nice and polite. However, they did not provide any resolution to the problem.
In 2 words, "I'm screwed"!
$2000 worth non-refundable international air tickets down the drain.
I have to pay for getting new passports and visas for me and my wife.
DONT EVER USE USPS. I HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS AND STOP CHEATING PEOPLE. WORSE, I HOPE THEY STOP RUINING PEOPLE'S LIFE.
Customer service is horrible.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Privacy and Data Security|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Losing packages
- Lost package
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Usps Priority Mail
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I am expecting a package today by noon. I have a tracking number. I go to the usps.com website to get information but lo and behold there is no information...."
- "I had to send a package overnight which contained Professional Cinema Camera Drives which she allowed me to take home so I could download the footage we shot that day...."
- "for the last few years almost every package I received has been either dented or severely broken and/or has holes from the outside in in them. it used to be..."
- "What a NIGHTMARE. My husband and I took a vacation in February. We were flying into New Orleans, LA, driving to Houston, TX, finally ending up in Austin, TX..."
- "ANDREW RUIZ, ANDREW GARCIA RUIZ JR DRIVES AROUND THE BASTROP, CEDAR CREEK, SMITHVILLE, RED ROCK, QNE LAGRANGE TEXAS AREA LOOKING “WORK”. HE WAS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD WITH..."
- "I received these, ordered pre-wired. The plugs came in wired backwards, was told in an email to just the force the plug in the other way. After reversing the..."
- "I don't usually complain but this time I have to, it was a treat for my husband and I to have my granddaughter with us for dinner she's 16 and..."
- "I started this regimen back in March for a week then I stopped and started once again in May 2016 at 215 lbs. This month of September 2016 I have..."
- "I will never shop at art van ever again. My husband and I purchased a couch which we were told was leather. The sales man also sold us the leather..."