Usps - Lost Passports - Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation
Update added by user Mar 24, 2016
The package that contained my and my wife's passport was left in the rain and dirt for many days by USPS (most likely at their Washington DC sorting facility).USPS then wrapped in shrink wrapped it in plastic and delivered it to the destination 13 days after I sent it and 11 days after their expected date.
The passports were destroyed. All details on biographical page and visas were washed out. All the documents were also destroyed.
New passports will cost my $700 (for 2 new passports - expedited issue)
My flight tickets were non-refundable.
Total damage that USPS cost me because they destroyed the package that contained my passport and my wife's passport - $3000+
Never in my life I will use them again.I hope they go bankrupt and shut down.
Update added by user Mar 21, 2016
After 9 days "In Transit", my envelop was scanned for arrival in Washington DC's sorting facility.After that, the mail was forwarded to the destination post-office.
It was delivered to the embassy today (3/21/2016) making the overall time to destination 13 days (Note that I shipped with Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation).
The embassy told me that it looked like the package was wet at some point. And it was very dirty.
I'm hoping that my passport and my wife's passport is not damaged.
I will write an update after I find out.
Original review posted by user Mar 16, 2016
I sent my Passport and my wife's Passport to an embassy in Washington DC from Austin Tx. I was sending our passports to an embassy in Washington DC to get our visas. I have to travel out of the country on April 2nd 2016 with the visa.
Package was sent by Priority Mail Flat Envelop with Signature Confirmation.
It was dropped off on March 8th 2016 in Austin Tx.
Today is March 16th 2016. Package is no-where to be found. Tracking information shows that it has left Austin sorting facility on March 9 2016 and there are no updates after that.
I opened a case to get the package searched. They told me that the packet was last scanned in Austin and they closed the case. I called the delivery supervisor for the destination zip code. That rude horrible lady told me that the package has not reached Washington DC. I asked her if there was a possibility that it has reached Washington DC but is not scanned, to which I got yelled at. I was told to talk to the post-office in Austin. I talked to the post-office in Austin and I do not get any response. They took my case number and tracking number but there is no response.
I was given the phone number of the Consumer Affairs Office Rio Grande District. No one answers the phone there.
I have give where credit is due. The folks I talked on 1-800-ASK-USPS were nice and polite. However, they did not provide any resolution to the problem.
In 2 words, "I'm screwed"!
$2000 worth non-refundable international air tickets down the drain.
I have to pay for getting new passports and visas for me and my wife.
DONT EVER USE USPS. I HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS AND STOP CHEATING PEOPLE. WORSE, I HOPE THEY STOP RUINING PEOPLE'S LIFE.
Customer service is horrible.
More Review Details
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Losing packages
- Lost package
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Usps Priority Mail
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have a situation when they say that they delivered my item in my mailbox. Item does not fit in mailbox. I have pictures to support that. So where or..."
- "I ship my computer to cyberpowerpc and it was damage from shipping the package had insurance on it so they sent me pictures of the damages so i could file..."
- "i ship a 42" TV from NYC to Miami paid $100 dollars for the service and i thought that comes with the insurance. First time i use this" i received..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "Movinghelp.com was recommended to my neighbor who had rented a U-haul truck by the U-Haul folks. The mover had his own pickup truck there & his girlfriend driving it...."
- "Toasted my apt in 3 min on REHEAT. GET THIS ON 60 minutes. Getting information from this firm is like asking a hit man for his godfather's phone number. ..."
- "I bought a dress that looks NOTHING like the dress in the picture and it was missing the neck tie to even be able to wear it! Seller won't..."