North Vancouver, British Columbia
Featured Not resolved

Went to the Blaine USPS to mail a package to California.The counter clerk was friendly and inquired what was in the parcel.

Telling her about the contents, she mentioned that she would love to have Canadian syrup. 2 bottles in my package. Parcel mailed and received in California. Low and behold, minus the two bottles of syrup, candy from the UK and a box of hair colouring dye.

A call to the USPS was advised to file a missing mail notification. By the supervisor. A review of the form advised items are perishables, they will not be located or returned to the sender or receiver. Most disappointed and a total waste of the $40 spent on the syrup and the mail costs.

USPS has lost a customer. Feeling ripped off.

The picture below shows the damaged box and all that was left of the contents.Box was full!

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Usps Delivery Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Order processing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Usps?

Comments

Irving, Texas, United States #1186720

I think the poster just wants some expensive syrup, but spent all of her food stamps on a Hello Kitty cake at Sam's club.

Mountain View, California, United States #1186384

what a joke to think it was done by carrier.

improper packing.

reused amazon box, without proper retape job.

no usps employee wants your poo.

Vallejo, California, United States #1186361

Always wait for a white, Hispanic or Asian employee to take your package. If you don't, you are asking for problems.

Santa Rosa, California, United States #1183479

Wow....are you implying the USPS clerk risked her well paid job for your 2 bottles of syrup??You say the package was mailed and received in California.

But it appears you are from Canada? Just curious because a parcel mailed domestically would need no contents declaration and I find it hard to believe the clerk asked you what was in it simply out of curiosity. In any case, you can file a claim for missing items, I believe if the value is over a certain amount you would have had to purchase insurance but it's automatically covered under that amount. The receiver should take pictures of the condition of the parcel before it was opened or at least have the person delivering it make note of damages to the box.

Helpful but not always necessary.

Stuff happens when large numbers of parcels are sent thru any shipping method.

Don't automatically accuse the clerk of theft if something falls out if a poorly prepared parcel just because she nay have exoressed interest in your syrup.You can threaten to stop using USPS, but I think you'll find this happens with every shipping method from time to time.