Update by user Dec 07, 2011

Well after the computer company did a investigation, they found USPS really did toss my package to the first random door step. They put in a order for a new one, but I was informed today that USPS saw this and probably didn\'t want to dish up 3 grand (another penny to their already massive stack of debt), so they snatched the package back and are resending it to me.

I\'ll wait for the old package, assertain if it\'s been tampered with, and if it looks like no one touched it and works fine then I\'ll cancel the new order, but if it\'s been scratched or messed up in any way, I\'m sending it back for a free replacement; courtesy of USPS.

Original review posted by user Dec 07, 2011

I was bursting at the seams when I found out my $2700 laptop was shipped to some random guy in Fort Bragg, NC and I'm at an FPO address in Afghanistan. Here's the story...

USPS tracking says the package was successfully delivered to Fort Bragg, NC. I call USPS after I get off work and they tell me the item met its last stop and it was no longer in their hands. I contact the company who I ordered from and they tell me "Well maybe Fort Bragg is a military hub where mail get's routed overseas" and I tell him no way, it's an Army base. So I call the post office in Fort Bragg and after getting tossed around on the phone I'm told that the item was delivered to a PO box there on Fort Bragg where it was meant to go and was properly signed for (Yes, this was registered mail, someone with my name has to sign for this thing.) I get their number then call the company I purchased the item from and the supervisor says they'll have to launch an investigation which could take some considerable time through the USPS claim service. I tell her I've been waiting nearly a month for this thing to get here then give her the number of the post office I talked to.

The only way this could have happened in part of the laptop seller is if their shipping department slapped a completely random shipping label on my package, but on their website, my order page lists the entire history of what was said and paid, it shows the address I gave them (which is no where near Fort Bragg), and the tracking number.

At this rate I probably won't see my merchandise till the day we're about to pull out of here. I want this thing here last week, and I better not recieve an opened package with my laptop having been manhandled by some random guy. I better not see a single finger smudge on it.

Review about: Usps Mail Service.

Had an Experience with Usps?

Comments