I bought an item on Ebay, and USPS provided a tracking number confirming delivery for it to my area.However, I never received the package.
I live in the apartment complex, and USPS said they left it at the management office, where they usually leave packages. It was not there. I checked all apartment complexes in my area with the same zip code, and it was nowhere to be found. I called the main 1-800 number for USPS, and they provided me with the case number.
In two days I received a phone call from a local post office. The persona was not proactive or helpful. It seemed that he did not believe me that I did not receive the package. He was telling me that he did not know what to do…?
I told him to check with the carrier. It didn't get anywhere, besides that they stated that they delivered it. Where? They don't know!
I called 1-800 number again, and was provide with the same case number. I explained, that this is redundant, and it will not get anywhere. They put a supervisor on the phone, who politely said the same thing, and hung up on me! At this point, I am very disappointed with USPS.
I was hoping they would be helpful, and would reimburse me for the lost item, as I paid for delivery.
Now, it seems, as I will get nowhere with this.I encourage everyone to use UPS or to purchase insurance with USPS.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I rarely use USPS to ship. I told the clerk the package needed to be delivered any day M-F the next week. She suggested I use "Priority 2-Day." I specifically..."
- "I ship my computer to cyberpowerpc and it was damage from shipping the package had insurance on it so they sent me pictures of the damages so i could file..."
- "My first and hopefully very last experience with USPS. Seeing the object of desire on Ebay with the so simple, cheap looking shipping rate over to Europe, a buy now..."
- "I was called by benjamin Franklin plumbing and they offered to do a water heater servicing and a full house plumbing inspection for 20.00,,, they were late to arrive and..."
- "I bought two items from TB Dress for Christmas. First, I ordered a plain single-breasted coat for my husband. TB Dress sent me the wrong coat -- it's the wrong..."
- "I ordered a fair amount of very expensive bedding for my son on a site called Olive Kids. The photographs on the site were all quite nice, so I submitted..."
- "Hires/brokers you off of craigslist. Gives you a list of items to buy and a company gas card then sends you on your way. Your only contact is..."
- "I have ordered pizza spending 40.00 each time ive ordered for the past 4 weeks once a week and when I get my pizzas my cheese topping is stuck to..."
- "Same thing happened to us, just now. Called Netgear (it's been about a month or two out of warranty, NEVER had any issues with it, until now). They said it..."