409 views

I had a very important tax document I needed to send to the IRS, so I decided to send it through the USPS postal service. Mind you I sent this tax document out around 11 am on 12/10/11 at my local post office branch priority mail.

The priority mail service states that the item/ documents should be delivered in to 3-5 days. I just checked my delivery confirmation and noticed that my document was not delivered until 10/19/11 which is more than a week passed its delivery date. Then when you call the customer service number, if your package has already been delivered they do not allow you to speak to a customer service rep. Here is the kicker, on the delivery tracking information it stated that my package was delivered where I needed it to go on 12/13/11 but was then shipped to another state and then sent back.

Suppose their was a deadline I needed to have that document sent by I would have been screwed. This by far is the worst delivery service ever created.

It may cost a little extra money but use UPS, it's worth it in the long run and will save you the headache and grief.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usps Delivery Service.

Location: Richmond, Virginia

Comments

August 5, 2015 , 12:29 am

Departed USPS Facility

TAMPA, FL 33605

Your item departed our USPS facility in TAMPA, FL 33605 on August 5, 2015 at 12:29 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

August 4, 2015 , 3:04 am

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility TAMPA, FL 33605 August 3, 2015 , 6:35 pm Picked Up SARASOTA, FL 34243 August 3, 2015 Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS August 3, 2015 , 4:18 pm Shipping Label Created SARASOTA, FL 34243 this is still a problem I needed this car part when it was suppose to be delivered over a week ago.

I dislike having to agree with Tom, but he's right. Out of all the carriers I have used in my life, ups, fedex, dhl, the usps is undoubtably the most inept.

They cant help it, really.

It's all about the people. Typical of the sort, they could give a ***.

If there was a deadline

1) you should have not waited till the last minute

and

2) you should have shipped it one of the guaranteed wasy (express USPS, UPS or FedEx)

Also after doing the math if you sent it on 10/12 - 10/19 is 5 business days so not a week after how you say.

USPS are a bunch of brain dead government employees. I order 2 packages on the same day from central Michigan to WI. The UPS package arrives in 2 days, and the UPS driver knocks on my door to hand it to me. The USPS package takes 5 days and is delivered by a postman who throws the package at my door so he doesn't have to walk as far.

The UPS package came straight here, while the USPS sent the package to Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Northern WI and then to me.

Never ship USPS!!!

There is no wonder why they are going out of business. I ship things all the time and the most problems I have by far are with the post office. They are brain dead.

My parents were approved for a credit card on the 15th of December. Here is is December 23 on no credit card.

My parents will not make it to visit me due to bungling USPS.

Thanks for ruining Christmas for me! :sigh

I just received a box for Christmas from my grandparents and the box was sent through usps. The box was crushed and ripped open on one side. I would not recommend using usps!

USPS Reviews