Usps - Priority mail left out to be rained upon

Yesterday (July 3) found a 25 inch mailing tube--Priority mail-- left in my 18 inch mailboxwith the door open.Appeared to be my regular contract carrier.

Found it about 3 hrs after delivery and it had been rained on. The end of the tube was soggy and beginning to delaminate, and the documents inside had become damp at one end. Two envelopes in the mailbox had also become wet, as the door was open. Shortly after I retrieved the mail, we had a heavy thunderstorm--had I waited until this morning to get mail, it would probably have been a soggy pulp.

Normally this carrier will bring parcels too large for mailbox to house, but none of the rest of the mail, which I guess is okay.

He does not seem to care for deliverying items to the house, and has told me I need an even bigger mailbox.Earlier this year deliverer had wedged a package in the box such that it took a couple of minutes to get it out.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time
Privacy and Data Security

• What I liked
    • Local post office friendly and like self printing labels
  • What I disliked
      No items

Reason of review:
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Usps Priority Mail
Review category
review #660756 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Usps? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 08, 2015 #1004821 Chicago, Illinois

Sorry to hear about your package.
Do you think you wife ordered that?

0 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Usps. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Usps.
Filing a new complaint about