Idaho Falls, Idaho

Disney sent an email congratulating us on the shipping of our Magicbands. They gave us a USPS tracking number. I have to admit I was worried when I saw USPS. The "Expected delivery date" was Saturday, October 11, 2014.

The tracking showed the package entered the system in Memphis on October 2nd.

It was in Denver on the 5th and left on the 6th. It arrived in Salt Lake on the 13th.

Today, the 14th, it's still there. Every day my kids ask me to track the package and every day they're disappointed. It took seven days to go from Denver to Salt Lake! That can be driven in six hours. I called Disney and asked them to allow us to pay extra for FedEx. The representitive said he'll send it up the chain.

The USPS is dying. It is like an hopeless alcoholic that has nearly hit bottom and we're a bunch of enablers that keep it going. We need to let them fail and move on.

Review about: Delivery Terms.

I didn't like: How slow they are.

1.5
Turnaround Time
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Usps?

Comments

AmazonSeller
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States #1009113

I ship lots of packages with USPS and they have not failed me yet. To Maine, to Florida, to California, and in-between, all quicker than estimated.

RickyP
Huger, South Carolina, United States #884472

As a company who ships thousands of packages by USPS I would have to disagree with you.I find them to be much more economical than UPS or FedEx and with the rare exception, they deliver within the specified time frame.

We can send a Priority mail package weighing 2 lbs to California from SC at a cost of less than $10.

If we ship on Thursday it will usually be delivered on Saturday, Monday at the latest.Compare that with UPS Commercial rates of over $12.00 and a delivery of the following thursday.

USPS is not always perfect but your case was an anomaly.

Dennis
to RickyP Illinois, United States #890156

having the same issue- sent envelope 1 day priority and it's been 9 days now and still isn't delivered