I mailed my bridal clothing to Pakistan due to alteration issues, deciding to pay EXTRA for priority shipping (1-2 days) hoping it would make it there on time. Not only did USPS fail to track my package after it left overseas from New York, they told me 12 DAYS LATER that they didnt know where my clothing was and all they could do was submit a complaint to the destination country.

When I asked to know whether or not the plane even make it to Pakistan (if not, then I could make other plans due to my wedding being in 2 weeks!) they responded with "We cannot share that information with our customers." How can you not tell me whether or not the plane landed!? DHL gives detailed information on time and location, USPS offers NOTHING. They would give me no information to contact the receiving office myself, refused to put in an urgent request for an inquiry, and told me there was nothing they could do.

DO NOT use this service especially if you expect fast and trustworthy shipping. I've learned the hard way by losing my bridal dress!!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 27, 2013.

Comments

I was here & they made absolutely no attempt at all !!!! Now , I'm angry !!!!

wants2laugh
Absecon, New Jersey, United States #656691

First, the USPS has no control over the item once it leaves the US. The item must also go through customs, which has the right to hold the item as long as they deem necessary.

That means that the item can be with customs for one day or one month and it is totally out of the control of the USPS. Second, a tracking number must be purchased, and once the item leaves the country, the USPS has no way of tracking the item due to the fact that they are not USPS facilities overseas processing the items, but the delivery system of Pakistan. The USPS handles the item from MA to NYC's JFK aiport--- after that it is out of their hands.

that is why they cannot give you any information. And there is no way that you should have expected 1-2 days through express mail going international.

nikalseyn
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #656690

You shouldn't be surprised. The USPS is still a government agency.

As such, it is inefficient, unaccountable, and filled with unionized lazy employees. Best to send something important via a different carrier, tho which one would deliver to a country in turmoil is difficult to say.