I tried to purchase the postage for a large package online for the office.USPS online wouldn't accept any credit cards or paypal accounts (even with direct bank withdrawal).

It declined every payment method. I even called the credit card company and they said they approved the charges but USPS was declining on their end. I call USPS tech customer service and I sat on the phone for 10min waiting to talk to their customer service before giving up and driving to the post office which is 5 min away. Arrived there to an animal house.

Only one teller serving and the line was out of the lobby. Took me an hour to get through line and the line had only grown since I'd gotten there. They said all of their teller's were on vacation. Plus because I couldn't get the online pricing at the post office I had to pay 5% more to overnight a 41lbs box, an extra $30.

So I had to pay more money to wait in a huge line.NOT HAPPY!

Had an Experience with Usps?

Comments

Salem, Oregon, United States #817832

I also had a problem with a "declined ATM/Debit card" from the main post office in Albuquerque, N.M.This was for premium mail forwarding, for a $17 transaction.

For two previous weeks my credit card processed fine, enough funds were in my account to cover the third week when it was declined. I contacted my bank and they had no record of a transaction being attempted. I emailed the post office twice with no response.

This was several days after I complained about receiving my wife's mail, when I had check marked for individual mail forwarding for myself only.

It feels as if someone in the Albuquerque P.O.

was trying to jilt me.